This post is simply a series of questions that seek to evaluate the disciple’s fruit and his impact. Are you bearing fruit or producing good works (Eph. 2:10) for the Kingdom? What will be your legacy?
REGARDING SATAN’S AWARENESS OF THE DISCIPLE’S ACTIVITY
- Does your name get mentioned in Satan’s war room?
- Does Satan even know your name?
- Are you a target for Satan’s attack? (Consider Job 1, 2)
- Do your prayers frighten Satan? By their frequency? By their power?
- Is your witness for Jesus something that Satan feels compelled to silence?
- Are you on Satan’s radar screen?
- Are you on Satan’s “10 Most Wanted” list?
- Does Satan consider you dangerous to his cause?
- If you died today, would Satan breathe a sigh of relief or would he not notice?
- Does your witness for Jesus keep Satan up at night?
GENERAL KINGDOM WORK, FRUIT, AND LEGACY
- If you died right now, would the cause of Christ on earth be lessened?
- What kingdom work are you planning for the future?
- What kingdom work are you currently executing (i.e., it is on your calendar)?
- Will your efforts for Christ bear thirty, sixty, a hundred fold? (Matthew 13:8)
- Would those seeking to persecute followers of Jesus be able to find you?
- If Jesus gave you two talents at your conversion, what would you show Him when He returned/when He asked for an accounting (Matthew 25:14-30)?
- Are there people who have heard the name of Jesus because of you?
- How is the kingdom of God different because you have lived?
- Is heaven well acquainted with your voice because of your prayers?
The point of these questions is to emphasize that the disciple has been called to bear fruit for the Kingdom (John 15:5, 8, 16).
“My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be My disciples.” – Jesus Christ in John 15:8
The disciple’s goal is to be useful to the Master (2 Tim. 2:21). How will your life bear fruit for Jesus? How will you be useful to the Master?
What questions would you add to this list?
Soli Deo gloria rmb 4/10/2023 #639